Start a Hospice Agency
“You can judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him”. Malcolm Forbes
With the staggering increase in geriatric population coupled with the improvement in medicare reimbursement guidelines, it is never been more needed as well as an exciting time to enter into the Hospice Care arena. Opening a Hospice agency can not only be a profitable business but one that offers many rewards. Along with the clinical component of care, a hospice agency reaches out to patients and families providing psychosocial and spiritual care during the end of life issues.
To do this a home care hospice agency must be able to improve the quality of life for those with progressive, advanced and terminal illnesses. This requires highly developed skills. In addition, a sustainable business model within a positive organizational culture is essential along with the importance of developing an effective partnership which is a final critical component for your Hospice Agency’s long-term success.
We provide our clients with a complete understanding of all Hospice home care requirements. This includes the following:
- Completion of required state licensing applications and federal Medicare applications.
- Customized state specific written policy and procedures and all operational materials.
- Hands-on assistance with the completion of accrediting body’s self-study or preliminary evidence report.
- Assistance with set-up of Office and Staff selection.
- Complete Orientation and Competency Program.
- Contract Templates and Guidance with securing Required Contracts.
- Development of Quality Assurance including tools for Monitoring and Tracking.
- Development Bereavement and Volunteer Programs.On-site visits for preparation for Pre-Licensure Survey and Accreditation Survey Readiness.
- Three full days of intense off-site training including Hospice 101, Day to Day Operations, Leadership Training, Clinical Documentation, Medicare Accreditation, Coding/Billing and more.
- Experienced resources needed for agency operations.
- Strategic financial planning including education on Cap allowance / calculations.
- Understanding capitalization reports, P&L reports, staff utilization and cost reports.
- Strategic marketing.
- Personal account manager and clinical liaison available as needed for consultation and coaching.
- Lifetime Access to our A Heart for Hospice Conference.
- Advanced education resources including access to our exclusive hospice portal and educational videos.
Through years of hands-on experience, our hospice consultants provide a complete understanding of Hospice Home Care. This includes how to set up and operate your own successful Hospice Agency. We are experts in clinical and operational requirements needed to maximize your organization’s performance.
21st Century Health Care Consultants was established in January 1995 to service the dedicated needs of home health agencies. Through the years we have assisted well over a thousand clients to open and successfully operate their very own agencies.
We employ a team approach to the critical issues of organizational performance, strategy development, accreditation and licensure, interim management, executive coaching, and the many other challenges agencies face every day. We provide a complete turn-key hospice startup and ongoing consulting program.
We will work with your team to fully understand the big picture of your new hospice agency. Health care leaders have chosen 21st Century Health Care Consultants for results that lead to improved quality, reimbursement, clinical and operational outcomes.
We have developed proven processes for documentation in hospice licensing and hospice Medicare Certification. Let us help you start your hospice agency from the ground up. We will take you through the process of State Hospice Licensure and Medicare Accreditation.
Assisting you in a painless transition from inception to certification is our goal.